Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Running Late ::

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted here, but we're gradually recovering from Christmas and the New Year. I picked up a few goodies over the holidays. From Best Buy I bought myself a little Panasonic FH24 point and shoot camera for those times I don't want to carry around one of the big cameras. The Panasonic is a 16 megapixel camera with an 8x optical zoom and Best Buy had it on sale for $129. I'd been looking for a point and shoot for quite a while and thought this would fit the bill nicely. A couple of weeks after I got it the price was dropped to $99, but I didn't feel bad about paying more for it than that. I thought that it was a true bargain at $129 and I checked yesterday and it's back up to $179.

I also picked up a Kindle Fire for myself. I have resisted buying an e-book reader for a long time simply because I felt that I would sorely miss holding a book in my hand and turning the pages. Well, guess what? I don't miss the physical books at all and I absolutely love the Kindle! I'm still feeling my way around it, but, for the price, I don't see how it can be beat.

Hoping everyone had a very Merry Christmas and I hoping for a very Happy New Year for everyone! I'll be dropping off a roll of Holga film tomorrow so maybe I'll have some new photographs to post soon.

No comments: