Monday, February 29, 2016

Passing up Photographic Opportunities ::

I learned long ago that if I come across a scene worthy of a photograph I should go ahead and take it then or, more often than not, the scene will have changed when I come back later. Saturday morning I broke this rule when I came across this scene as I was driving around the countryside.

The first thing that drew my eye on this little side street were the twin doors with the plastic sunflowers at the top. I kept going, but I came back by Sunday morning with the D800 and took the above photo. I also shot a couple of Holga images on Fuji color film, but I'll have to wait a few days to see what that looks like. Anyway, when I processed this image later in the day I noticed the arched doorway with a rectangular door behind it. I really like photographs that contain several elements and one in which the eye can wander around a bit and find more than one interesting element.

No comments: