Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Garbo On Peeling Paint ::

Years ago I worked on 11th street in midtown Atlanta in a commercial photo lab and often wandered the local neighborhood with my view camera. I came across a few of these little Garbo drawings in really interesting places and wound up collecting 4 images that I thought were worthy. There were a couple of others I found in the Virgina-Highlands neighborhood, but they were not nearly as interesting as the midtown images.



I'll post the others at some later time.

As for technical notes, the Garbo images were shot long before digital. At this time I was using a Calumet 8x10 view camera with a 4x5 reducing back. The film was filtered 4x5 VPL in relatively flat natural light.

Needless to say this building no longer exists.

No comments: