Friday, January 1, 2016

New Epson Printer

I ordered the Epson P800 this past Tuesday in order to qualify for the $350 rebate. I was in Atlanta Wednesday to see some friends and the printer was delivered while we were having lunch so it was on the porch when we got home Wednesday evening. I couldn't believe the quick service and delivery by UPS after ordering the printer from IT Supplies. This is the first big purchase I've made from them although I do sometimes order Hahnemuhle paper. I heartily recommend IT Services!

Anyway, I finally got the chance to set the printer up this afternoon and I'm extremely pleased with it. The set-up went smoothly although it took me about 20 minutes to take all of the tape off from various locations, but I'd rather do that than take the chance of something going awry. I also ordered the roll paper adapter for the printer and the installation of the adapter was also very smooth and easy.

One thing I really like about the printer is that it connects wirelessly via wi-fi so the only connection is for the power. I really hate the tangle of USB connecters I have to deal with. I've only had the chance to print one image so far, but the canned Epson Ultra Premium Luster profile was spot on. I've been using Epson printers and scanners for years and I've yet to be disappointed!

No comments: