Saturday, January 10, 2009

Condos Under Construction ::



Photoshop CS3 and CS4 offer an amazingly easy way to make panorama photographs. this scene is seamlessly stitched from 9 or 10 photographs, but I have found that certain lighting conditions are not optimal. This was an early morning photo with clear skies and worked well as does overcast days. I have found Photoshop has problems with some higher contrast scenes, especially where the stitch is adjacent to an object, but I have only had to discard 3 or 4 panoramas because of this problem.

Years ago, when I lived in Atlanta there was a photographer on Highland Avenue named Ray Herbert, but he was better known as Panorama Ray and he produced gorgeous photographs from specially built large format cameras. I'll bet he would have loved the electronic equivalent. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago. Ray's son, Ray Herbert III, has picked up the mantle and taken up where his father left off. Here is one of Panorama Ray's fantasy images:

1 comment:

Rosemary Kimble said...

Hey! Love that pick of me and the fairies! I designed all the costumes and had several shoots with Ray Sr. Do you know how to reach his son?